I am no longer selling my creations to the general public. I am taking a break from making my items for sell and am enjoying making them again at my own time and leisure. I will still be posting items that I have made for friends, family and myself but I am not taking anymore customer orders. Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks to all of my loyal customers who bought from me in the past. I had a lot of fun creating unique embroidery items for you!

Thanks,
Amber

Friday, June 5, 2009

Little boys in blue!

I LOVE this blue seersucker and had been trying to figure out what I could make with it for the boys. For Cooper I finally decided on a pair of shorts with a applique sailboat t-shirt. For Carter I went with a simple jon-jon with red initials. Both the shorts and the jon-jon patterns are very simple sewing and are great for the beginner sewer. For the jon-jon I did something different this time. I altered the pattern and added snaps to the bottom. It was a first for me, and I was excited that it actually worked!! The pattern calls for a closed bottom, but snaps make is ALOT easier for diaper changes!
If anyone wants an easy first time jon-jon pattern it is the Martha Pullen pattern in her yellow applique book. (it comes with a girls a-line dress pattern and an apron pattern also.)
The sailboat was a free design from http://www.sewforum.com/ and the letters on the jon-jon are from http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/ pencil font.

No comments:

Post a Comment