I am no longer selling my creations to the general public. I am taking a break from making my items for sell and am enjoying making them again at my own time and leisure. I will still be posting items that I have made for friends, family and myself but I am not taking anymore customer orders. Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks to all of my loyal customers who bought from me in the past. I had a lot of fun creating unique embroidery items for you!

Thanks,
Amber

Friday, October 2, 2009

A fun way to trade!


A recently came across an add on craigslist where a lady who sells Mary Kay makeup was wanting to trade makeup for handmade items (bows, clothes, etc.). I use Mary Kay makeup and thought it sounded like a fun idea. Mary Kay makeup is not cheap if bought at full price, so I figured I could embroider some items for her and I would get my make-up for a fraction of the cost. Today we met at McDonalds and swaped items. It was such a fun way to trade items. I got my makeup and she got some cute embroidered items! (By the way, I looked the lady up on the Mary Kay website before I aggreed to the deal, she was a reputable Mary Kay seller.)

Boys R Gross font with football applique from http://www.sewforum.com/.
Minky dot blanket with Carmen font from http://www.8clawsandapaw.com/.
Pillowcase dress with fluttersleeves pattern from www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88150
The only thing I changed was the size of the sleeves. I cut out a 4 1/2in by 9 1/2in rectangle for each sleeve before hemmed and ruffled the bottom material before attaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment